13/30 Poem A Day Challenge

April 13, 2018

Another Poem

I’m tuckered out.
It’s such a pain.
I can not write
a poem again.

I’m quite exhausted
with this versing
though it foments
creative cursing.

I like rhythm,
I like rhyme,
and counting
syllables is fine.

But day by day
becomes a slog,
an endless trek
across a bog.

I’ve had enough
alliteration.
Is it time yet
for a vacation?


Previous Posts

1. Easter Sunday Rumination on Eggs
2. Tulips
3. Untitled
4. Waiting
5. Truce
6. Thaumaturgy
7. Untitled dodoitsu

8. To Do List
9. Anniversary
10. Tribulation
11. Story Is Who We Are
12. Fears

11 comments:

  1. OMG! This is how I'm feeling. I'm so worried I won't be able to finish, but I'm determined. Elisabeh on the Dirigible Plum blog also wrote in this vein yesterday. Fun rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you've written a fun rhyme that's a kind of gripe. We all think it, just put the pen to paper & start. Almost the month's middle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your mumble-grumble poem! I have definitely felt like it is an "an endless trek / across a bog"in the middle of month-long writing challenges, especially if I do a couple back-to-back. But there's something addictive about writing with a writing community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I suspect I am beginning to think in rhyme...

      Delete
  4. Ha! A humorous take on your admirable discipline. Sally forth, & Happy Poetry Month! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have found your poems. I'm in awe of those who write a poem every day. Poem on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, can I relate! Good job writing every day--even when the going gets tough!

    ReplyDelete