05/30 Poem A Day Challenge

April 5, 2018

As a general rule, I do not like spiders. Over time I have come to tolerate them outside. They are not allowed inside, and if they venture here, there will be consequences. If they are in the house and very small, I have been known to set them free outside. If they are large, it's certain death. I have one exception to this rule. 


Truce

I keep a little spider 
in a corner of my house.
She's just a wee bit scarier 
than the hardly larger mouse.

We've come to an agreement 
my spider friend and I,
so long as she stays hidden 
then she won’t have to die.

She's never made an entrance.
Her cobweb's all I see.
For though I am afraid of her,
she's more afraid of me.

She hides amoung the orchids
to keep the bugs away.
And so I have decided
that I will let her stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment