The Best Of The Best Of My Reading Life In 2016

I read 352 books last year. No one can expect me to identify a top 2 or 3. The best I can do is identify the ones I liked best in certain categories. Since Goodreads organizes covers in rows of 6, I 
forced myself to limit my lists to a maximum of 12. On any given day, I will claim one or two of these books to be the best of the best. On a different day, I would claim others. I've added links to at least some of the ones I've reviewed.
For now, these are my picks for the best of their kind that I read in 2016. 

Picture Books

REVIEWS


Chapter Books


REVIEWS

Piper Green and the Fairy Tree : Too Much Good Luck by Ellen Potter and Qin Leng (illustrator)Leng (Illustrations) 
Piper Green and the Fairy Tree :The Sea Pony by Ellen Potter and Qin Leng (Illustrations)
Where Are You Going, Baby Lincoln? by Kate DiCamillo & Chris Van Dusen (Illustrations)

Middle Grade Novels


REVIEWS

Gertie's Leap To Greatness by Kate Beasley & illustrated by Jillian Tamaki


Young Adult Novels


REVIEWS


Adult Novels



Graphic Novels


REVIEWS


Information Picture Books



REVIEWS

I Am Not a Number by Jenny Kay Dupuis, Kathy Kacer & Gillian Newland (Illustrations)
Cloth Lullaby: The Woven Life of Louise Bourgeois by Amy Novesky
Dorothea's Eyes: Dorothea Lange Photographs the Truth by Barb Rosenstock & Gerard DuBois (Illustrations)
My Book of Birds by by Geraldo Valério
Redwoods by Jason Chin


Information Books For Older Readers

REVIEWS

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this list! I loved so many that you have listed (some of them are on my favorites list too!), I have others on my #mustreadin2017 list, and others I am now going to go add to my TBR now :)

    ReplyDelete