#MustReadin2015 Fall Update

Carrie Gelson at There is a Book for That came up with the idea for creating a must read list annually to try and actually get to some of the books on our Goodreads' lists. Then we check in a few times a year to be accountable for how well we are doing. 

I'm a tad late, but better late than never right? This being accountable isn't always easy. I wish, oh how I wish I had been a bit more focused.

I committed to reading 58 books. My list is here.
So far I've read 35. I seriously doubt I'm going to accomplish the rest. I've only finished 9 since my last check in. I tried hard to read more. I brought piles of them home during the summer. The problem is that I was really busy and mostly listened to audiobooks. If only more of these books were available in that format, I'm sure I would be ever so much farther ahead. I wonder if this is a good enough excuse for not completing more on my list?
(note to self: next year only pick books you can listen to and success will be assured) 

Here is what I finished.



 Just about all of them were worth reading, but that is to be expected, because when I created my list, all the books had garnered more than 4 stars. Unfortunately, nothing really wowed me. I appreciated A Tangle of Knots, but it won't be one of my top books of the year.

I'm hoping to finish up another ten of the books on my list before the end of the December. It sounds reasonable since I've averaged about 10 books every three months so far. So long as I don't get too distracted by all these lovely new hardcovers that have arrived in the library, I'm sure I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment