For the right to learn: Malala Yousafzai's Story by Rebecca Langston-George & Janna Bock (illustrator)

The text in this picture book is straightforward and relatively simple. It begins by telling this story of Malala and her father's belief that all children should be educated. Then it goes on to inform the reader how much Malala loved to learn. It shows how her right to schooling was whittled away under the Taliban's rule. 

It took me a bit to get used to these illustrations as they have a Disney feel to them. I don't particularly care for the out of proportion eyes. Aside from this, I love the landscape images of the a Swat Valley. 


I appreciated the section at the end of the picture book that filled in more details of the story. I also like that there was both a glossary and an index. 




No comments:

Post a Comment